OBJECTIVES OF THE GLOBAL DAYS OF ACTION
In March 2020, GATJ, our members and our partners are urging movements, citizens’ groups and NGOs around the world to focus their efforts on achieving the following objectives:
- Highlight the tax injustices affecting women
- Demonstrate how tax justice is an integral part of struggles for women’s rights
- Make tax justice more relevant to ordinary people and their families
- Show national leaders that their citizens will not accept rising inequalities
- Unite the constituency of ordinary people who opposes the tax injustices
- Make multinationals pay their share
Start planning your creative actions to promote #TaxJustice for Women’s Rights in the Global Days of Action, 8-20 March 2020!
WHAT YOU CAN DO
Please join us in organising the following activities and actions in the lead up to and during the month of March 2020:
Write a blog
Organise educational discussions in your community
Share stories about women & tax injustices in your country
- Circulate all the material shared through this page: “Making Taxes Work for Women”, Issue Briefs to support our five demands, etc.
- Organise forums in communities, schools and workplaces.
Social Media and Communications
- Ask for our Social Media and Communications Toolkit, which will include template advocacy letters, briefings and press releases for adaptation in several languages.
- Social Media Activities – using memes and short video clips, photos/quotes from women and girls around the world who are most affected by these issues.
- Hold press conferences and send out press releases during the month of March 2019, including a virtual press conference ahead of IWD.
- Share Factsheets – with key statistics / messaging / Q&As on these issues.
- Engage in policy dialogues with national members of Parliament and tax officials.
- Engage in parallel events during the UN CSW 64 in New York.
- Engage in national budget and tax processes.
- Participate in/organise 8 March IWD marches and actions carrying our demands: Speak out for #TaxJustice at the International Women's Day
- Address your Finance Minister with our demands!
- Participate in inside/outside actions during the UN CSW 64.
GET IN TOUCH WITH US!
We are here to share materials with you, support your efforts and give them echo. For more information on how to organise, take part in, and share your activities during the Global Days of Action, feel free to get in touch with GATJ through :