Fair Tax Mark Internationalisation Public Consultation
The Fair Tax Mark is an UK-based accreditation scheme of good tax conduct for companies incorporated there. Between July 6th and August 14th they are conducting a public consultation on four 'essential elements' that will form the basis for new global standards that can be applied to businesses from any jurisdiction. These elements are:
- public country-by-country reporting of financial results such as sales, profits and taxes paid;
- a binding public policy undertaking not to use tax havens artificially or to pursue tax avoidance;
- disclosure of beneficial owners and persons of significant control;
- independent assurance from outside of the big accountancy firms.
They are interested to hear insights about why a particular element might or might not work well in different countries with different rules and cultures. They are seeking feedback in two ways:
1) Structured questions in an online questionnaire on Fair Tax Mark's website here.
2) Attending one of four webinars which will be held remotely on Zoom. Current planned sessions are as follows:
- Africa and Middle East Focus. Monday 10th August. 11.00am to 12.30pm BST. Register here.
- European Focus. Tuesday 11th August. 12.00 noon to 1.30pm. Register here.
- North and South America Focus. Wednesday 12th August. 5.00pm to 6.30pm BST. Register here.
- Asia Pacific Focus. Friday 14th August 8.00am-9.30am BST. Register here.
If you would prefer to feedback via a bilateral call, or in some other way, you may contact Richard Livings on firstname.lastname@example.org.