Blog Action Day overview
Yesterday September 7th was a glorious #TaxJustice Blog Action Day, with truly worldwide publications !
Here are some examples of various posts, but make sure to visit the day's storify !
- What is the impact of the #PanamaPapers in Latin America? Read "Latinoamérica saqueada" on Red de Justicia Fiscal de América latina y el Caribe's website.
- Mario Valencia, from the Centro de Estudios de Trabajo in Colombia, also contributed with a piece on the Latin American campaign page "Que las transacionales paguen lo justo" (in Spanish)
- An op-ed by former Italian Minister of Finance was published in the Italian Huffington Post, while Oxfam Italia revealed a briliant hidden video camera ! (in Italian)
- In Zambia, Action Aid's Bwalya Mutumba states "My country is rich but has been made poor due to tax injustice" (in English)
- Our committed partner Oxfam's Executive director Winnie Byanyima reflections on the latest Panama Paper revelations, on shell companies and corruption in Africa, had a very large echo on LinkedIn (in English).
- From the Netherlands, a dialogue with tax justice campaigners in Nigeria and Malawi (in Dutch) was also translated into English.
- Sara Stevenson reviews the effects of tax evasion on sustainable development and developing countries (in English)
- This simple infographic reminds us that in Argentina, multinationalcompanies take more ilicit money than drug and human trafficking.
Now it's time to say: multinationals #PaguenLoJusto! (in Spanish)
- Tax Justice Network & Oxfam translated the winners oftheir taxjustice & human rights essay competition into Spanish and French:
- From Barcelona, Almudena Díaz Pagés & Elena Couceiro wonder and explain "what taxes have to do with women's poverty?" (in Spanish)